Share | 

Some music resources.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vandiil
Little Grasshoppa
Little Grasshoppa

PostSubject: Some music resources.   Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:25 pm

Since the server is down *uhg* Thought i'd take a moment and post up a few links that have helped me discover some great music.

The first is Pandora. On this sight you create radio stations based on songs and artists you like. After create a station it will play songs that have similar qualities asking you to give a thumbs up or down. As you rank more songs the station becomes a personal favorites list, and exposes you to new similar music. I've been using this site for years and i never have to thumbs down anything anymore.

Another site to get new music from is Last.FM . This site has user created stations that play a selection of music based around artists, or genres the creators are interested in. it also allows you to create your own station for others to listen to, and it can track and update your profile with songs you listen to in iTunes, winamp, etc.

This site claims to scour the net to find and play any song you type in give it a shot, it seems to be hit or miss for my style of music. Songerize
Another site to find mp3's is Tagoo it's in Russian, but the interface is self explanatory. Type in the name of a band or song in the search bar, it will give you a list of results then just click the play button right next to the result and listen to the song instantly.

And now for some links to a few great songs!

Freezepop - Less talk more Rokk
The Greenskeepers - Lotion
Bjork - Earth Intruders

For you fans of something a bit more hardcore here is a shameless plug for a local Detroit artist and good friends of mine "Choking Susan"

Choking Susan - Blackened Lung Song
Choking Susan - You're so Pretty
Choking Susan - Tie me up Tie me down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perisher
Ninja Turtle
Ninja Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Some music resources.   Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:02 pm

your friends band rocks man! Very Happy. good skatin music for ur section Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perisher
Ninja Turtle
Ninja Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Some music resources.   Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:06 pm

LOL!! @ 'your so pretty'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandiil
Little Grasshoppa
Little Grasshoppa

PostSubject: Re: Some music resources.   Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Glad you enjoyed it! They play one hell of a live show as well! I've got some video and pics from the last one, maybe i'll find time to post em. Maybe even got some pics of my Mohawk in there too. I had to cut it this morning for court *sniffle*. Funny you mention that i was gonna use "Tie me up, Tie me down" for my section.
Haha yeah dude "You're so pretty" video rocks! They were playing a Punk festival in Blackpool UK, and filmed that from the window of the hotel Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahchoo79
Ninja Turtle
Ninja Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Some music resources.   Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:29 am

i think you just became my new best friend ^_^ Huge music lover so gonna check out all these when I get the chance.

PS you get bonus points for being from Michigan ^_^ born and raised in the UP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/zummibear
Vandiil
Little Grasshoppa
Little Grasshoppa

PostSubject: Re: Some music resources.   Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:31 am

woot woot, lets hear it for michiganders! I've spent a lot of time in the UP as well. My family has 2 cabins, one near Grand Island, and another out by Cedarville. Nothing beats a good romp in the snow with some powerfull sleds!
Rock out with these links and i hope you find something new! I've gotten a lot of people hooked on Pandora, i listen to it more than i do the 20,000 song mp3 collection of mine pirat. I'm currently rocking out to a station inspired by Clutch, if you've never heard them check it out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahchoo79
Ninja Turtle
Ninja Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Some music resources.   Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:33 am

Vandiil wrote:
woot woot, lets hear it for michiganders! I've spent a lot of time in the UP as well. My family has 2 cabins, one near Grand Island, and another out by Cedarville. Nothing beats a good romp in the snow with some powerfull sleds!
Rock out with these links and i hope you find something new! I've gotten a lot of people hooked on Pandora, i listen to it more than i do the 20,000 song mp3 collection of mine pirat. I'm currently rocking out to a station inspired by Clutch, if you've never heard them check it out!

I've tried this and so far I like it but the only problem I have with it is I want to find more songs like Savage ~ Swing but either way I type it it doesn't have it. So that kinda bums me out but I'll survive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/zummibear
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some music resources.   

Back to top Go down

Some music resources.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BalcanicCoalition :: Music-
Jump to: